6/30/09

Dog Massage Treats Arthritis and Stress

Guess what! My wedding anniversary is coming up next month!
Ben and I were married July 3, 2005 (he would be proud of me for remembering the date!) so we'll be celebrating 4 years!

According to Google, that is the "silk" anniversary... I'll have to tell Ben to get me something silk, I guess.

Actually, we usually don't get each other gifts, we try to do something experiential instead. We've done things like go raspberry picking at a local farm, or go to the beach, walk out on the pier, and eat a nice seafood dinner.

Last year we went out for sushi. We'll see what we feel like doing this time around...

Maybe I will ask for a massage!

One of the things I ALWAYS feel like doing is getting a massage! I've only had 4 professional massages in my life, but they were wonderful, very powerful and relaxing.

If you've ever had a really good massage, you know what I'm talking about!

Now - here's the kicker - did you know that dogs like massage, too?


You've probably noticed that your dog likes it when you rub him in a certain place.

Kera's little trick was to come up to my husband, Ben, while he was playing computer games and put her head under his mouse-hand. Before he knew it, he was scratching her behind the ears instead of surfing on the PC.

Did you know that you can use dog massage to:

Treat your dog's arthritis
Help your dog de-stress
Help your dog recover from injury and
Bond with your dog?


If your dog is older, suffers from chronic pain or poor circulation, is tired or sore after athletic activities, or suffers from arthritis, he may be a candidate for dog massage.

This is something that you can easily learn to do yourself, or you can hire out to a therapist. Personally, I feel that massage is a great bonding activity. Once you're comfortable with it, you can easily massage your dog while you watch TV, listen to music, or talk with friends and family.

What's more, it's easy to learn. These dog massage videos by a licensed massage practitioner, show you exactly what to do and what not to do - you'll be up to speed in just an hour.

Visit the site to get access to the first few lessons (scroll down for Zoe's special offer) and see if dog massage is right for you and your pet!

Even without formal training, your dog will still benefit from your attention and your fingers in her fur! Go give your dog a hug from me, and tell her you love her!

Relaxed and happy,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment