6/3/09

Raising A Happy Dog

Jerry Yap Says:

I have four loving dogs that are the greatest addition to the family. They are so much part of my family. That’s why I do a lot of research on dog training besides dog food, because I want the best information that benefits my family and me.

I am now sharing these few tips to help dog lovers gain a better understanding in raising a happier dog based on the years of training mine! I truly do believe in, "The more you know, the more you grow!" In this case, your dogs benefit from your growth.

Dogs are sociable, lovable, excitable and loyal and that's why we love them! But when they start to pick up undesirable traits such as chewing furniture, biting, not coming when called, barking or running away, it can be a real headache for dog owners.

So, it's important to start training your dog from a very early age so that they will become subdued and more comfortable in a variety of social situations.

In this series of Raising A Happy Dog, I will be sending my own personal 3 tips how to avoid wrong actions in raising a dog and how to take right actions.

Here is my first tip for you.

Tip 1 Play with your dog daily

Dogs are never meant to spend their entire lives alone in the backyard or anywhere else. Like people, they need companionship to thrive. They need to feel they are welcome and useful members of their pack. And they need to play.
When you return home, tired and needing a rest but your dog is jumping all over you, playing may be the last thing you want to do. But try and see the same situation from your dog's point of view. He's been alone all day and his best friend, his hero, his companion through thick and think just came home. His enthusiastic greeting may be the happiest, most thoughtful and genuinely felt expression of acceptance of you in your entire day. My black Labrador always greets me this way every single day. It’s a great welcome and never fails to wipe the stress of work off my face!

Take your dog for a walk, play tug, fetch, rollover, shake a paw, throw a Frisbee. Spend time every day just playing and you will notice it's not just fun for your dog, it's fun for you too!

If you meet your dog’s emotional need for companionship and play, your dog will feel happy and secure. Discipline problems will be fewer and training easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment