6/19/09

Train Your Dog In Just A Minute

Can you really train your dog in justa minute?

Let me share a quick story with you...

More than a couple of years ago, when I
was a hot shot animal control officer, I
responded to a complaint in the south
end of the city.

The problem was a barking dog that was
disturbing a couple of residents in the
neighborhood.

When I approached the owner of the dog,
I informed her that she was going to
have to stop her dog's barking.

She said that she tried everything but
could not stop her dog's barking.

I quickly assessed the situation and told
her that I could help. With a very
skeptical look on her face she said
"I don't think so, but if you can I'll
be very grateful."

My advice was simple. I told her that her
dog was going to do...

PUSH UPS!

You see, when I assessed the situation I
noticed that the dog was barking for
attention.

He was barking to get some type of response
from the owner. He barked and she would yell
out the window, "Quiet."

Or...

...her dog would bark and she would come
outside and scold her dog. Every time he
barked she would respond in some way.

I told her that we needed to re-direct his
behavior. Every time he barks you are going
to walk up to your dog and give the sit
command.

Once your dog is sitting I want you to
give the down command. Up, down, Up down,
over and over every time he barks.

I checked in with her later that day and
she was amazed. "OMG, the first time I did
it he stopped barking in less than a minute."

I knew he would because there are simple
methods that you can use to get fast results
with your dog.

In the Good K9 Manners website I have put
together a course that covers the most
common behavior problems and how to get
fast results.

You can still take advantage of the special
reduced pri*ce and train your dog.

Jump on over to:

http://goodk9manners.com/

All the best,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment